This morning Doreen Virtue's card for the day was Azure and we were guided to hold the intention for today of Peace. This opened up a floodgate of thoughts for me about peace. What is Peace? Where does it truly reside? How does one have Peace in the midst of the turmoil and drama of this physical world?
I believe True Peace is found within - where the Divine exists. True Peace exists out of Divine nature and exists regardless of it's surroundings for it is of Divine existence.
I believe Peace exists within Love. Divine Love exists as a part and as one with Peace. Love and Peace do not cease because of turmoil and strife - they are merely not acknowledged, received, embraced.
In pondering Peace I looked up the definition in an online dictionary and here is some of what I found:
- the normal, nonwarring condition of a nation, group of nations, or the world.
- a state of mutual harmony between people or groups
- cessation of or freedom from any strife or dissension.
- freedom of the mind from annoyance, distraction, anxiety, an obsession, etc.; tranquillity; serenity.
- a state of tranquillity or serenity
- a state or condition conducive to, proceeding from, or characterized by tranquility
- silence; stillness (I would add: silence; stillness of one's mind/emotions)
Being from a Christian heritage I would relate this to the biblical reference to "have the peace that surpasses all understanding." For when we hold Divine Peace in the presence of turmoil and daily drama of the physical world we live in, those around us are astounded and do not understand it. It is in the way that we demonstrate Love to those around us.
So for this day, I choose Peace from within the Divine Love that is in me. May your heart know Peace today and every day. May you choose to embrace the Divine Peace that dwells within you.
Link to Doreen Virtue's YouTube Channel